Translation is a fast-moving area, and I am aware of the need to constantly improve and update my skills in order to meet my customers’ requirements. This includes language skills, new technology, subject knowledge and business skills.
My current continuous professional development programme includes the following activities:
- Membership of Society of Authors
- Copywriting and transcreation: a marriage made in hell?
- ITI Assessor
- Emerging Translators Network
- Literary translation resources
- Financial training under the radar
- Spanish top-up
- Investment management
- Prima Pagina
- Voice recognition software
As part of my commitment to training, I aim to achieve ITI certification for my CPD activities on an annual basis: